ABS (acrylonitrile, butadiene, styrene) Pressure Pipe System is widely used in variety of industries and gradually
supersede metal piping system due to the advantages of its material properties nature.
Benefits & Characteristics of ABS :
- Environment advantage ABS has direct savings in green house gas emissions and it is lead & chlorine free and
can be readily recycled.
- Impact Strength The butadiene constituent in ABS affords unrivalled resistance to impact.
- Chemical Resistant It is unaffected by both internal and external chemical attack by a wide range of acids,
alkalis, ground water salt and other environment factors.
- Abrasion resistant It offers good resistance to abrasion and erosion from aggressive slurries which can rapidly
damage steel or other traditional pipe materials.
- Weather resistant
- Non-Toxic / Taint free ABS formulation contains no harmful metallic stabilizers and it is ideal for potable cold
- Smooth bore ABS does not suffer from internal corrosion and provides a smooth bore for the life of the piping
system. The smooth bore does not support the formation of scale and slime as do cement based lined
- Size & Pressure range From DN 15 to DN 850. Standard pressure rating at 20°C start at PN 6 to PN 20
- Temperature range ABS performs over a wide temperature range from -30°C to +60°C makes it very versatile
and capable of handling a wide variety of fluids from refrigerants to moderately hot corrosive liquids.
- Light weight ABS is one-sixth the weight of steel systems, making it easy to handle and install. This reduces
cost of installation, handling and transport.
ABS Pressure Pipe System can be applied in the industries as follows:
- Water reticulation
- Domestic plumbing
- Water treatment plants
- Waste water treatment and recycling plants
- Power generation plants
- Industrial plants such as electronics, food processing, chemical, paper mills, palm oil and rubber mills.
- HVAC ( Heating, Ventialtion & Air Conditioning )
- Sewerage treatment plants